cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight Agents error

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Insight Agents error

We are getting several errors in the Win2000 System Event logs. It happens with both SP1 and SP2. It also happens on 1600s, the original ML370s and on the new G2s. We've tried v5.10, v5.20 and v5.30 and they're all the same.

The errors we get are the following...

Event ID 267 - The Compaq Foundation Agents service could not start agent "CPQMHOST". The data contains the error code.

Event ID 270 - The Compaq Foundation Agents service could not terminate agent "CPQMHOST". The data contains the error code. (which is obviously due to the one above)

Event ID 270 - The Compaq Foundation Agents service could not terminate agent "CPQSWV". The data contains the error code.

Event ID 7022 - The Compaq Remote Monitor Service hung on starting.

Not all of them appear on every restart of the Agents on every server, but CPQMHOST and Remote Monitor Service ones are very common.

I can get rid of the CPQMHOST errors by removing the "Host Information" Agent from the active list in the Compaq Management Agents control panel. However I don't want to do that because I lose the ability to see things like drive usage under CIM.

Any clues as to what obvious mistake we're making.

TIA.
1 REPLY
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Insight Agents error

Try this:
Solution:
Go to /Services/SNMP Service/Properties/Security
Add 127.0.0.1 (loopback adapter) to the list of hosts to "Accept SNMP packets from".
Control Panel/Services, stop and start SNMP service and the Compaq Foundation Agent service.

Try this.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!