ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752733 Members
5477 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Insight Manager 7 SP2 - help i locked myself out/password issue

Adrian Mills_1

Insight Manager 7 SP2 - help i locked myself out/password issue

So I moved my insight manager box from an NT4 domain to a 2003AD domain. And like a dumbass I changed the only admin account to %domain%\Admin

unfortunately I hosed something up and now cannot logon to the insight server. Does anyone know how i can reset the behavior of Insight so I can assign the initial users again?

I do the agents all the time using the ACL file but this appears more involved.
7 REPLIES 7
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Adrian,
Please use the attached document which should help you reset the CIM 7 password.

Regards,
Adrian Mills_1

I don't have an issue with the service conneceting to the DB, It's just I cannot get into the UI. How do I resolve that short of a reinstall?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Adrian:

Does the NT4 domain still exist? Even though you moved the box from the NT4 domain to a 2003 domain (presumably with another name), if the NT4 domain can still be contacted, you should be able to validate on the IM7 login by supplying the domain.
Adrian Mills_1

I went under users and removed the accounts from being able to log in to CIM7SP2. I set the newdomain\administrator as an admin, however I goofed up something and cannot login with this account either..... so I need to set it back...im in authentication limbo as it were.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Looks like a re-install. When it gets to the point where it discovers the existing IM7 db, say you want to keep it.
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi

I am not good in this.
But just want to know the method of authentication of the password for CIM. As if i know it can be using sql/windows Authentication. For web Agents yes we can reset by replacing ACL file.

As per dicussion it am not able to conclude which authentication we have been using on same.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

"But just want to know the method of authentication of the password for CIM. As if i know it can be using sql/windows Authentication. For web Agents yes we can reset by replacing ACL file..."

Users in IM7 are standard AD/Domain/local users from Windows. You tell IM7 which users you want to be able to use IM7 and then assign them broad categories in terms of roles. (hpSIM has a lot more granular role-based security)

For IM7 to access an MSDE/SQL database, it needs to login. In the past, using the SQL internal account 'sa' was used but after some of the security exploits, we now default to Windows authentication.