1753454 Members
6205 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Insight Manager

Bob_233
Occasional Contributor

Insight Manager

I havea question about the Version Control Repository. I am running insight manager 7 SP2 and I am unable to update the repository . I have installed the repository manager and Version control Agents. When I run the update Update Software and Firmware form the insight console I can see the repository machine but it advises me that there is no available repository's to install from.

If I log into the machine with the repository via the web console I see the Repository tab but Create is blanked out and there seems to be nothing downloaded. How do I updated the repository on this machine. I know Active update is no longer supported.

Thanks for your help in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Insight Manager

Hello Bob,
Are you using the RDU?? If that's the case then make sure that you are the running the latest version. Also make sure that you have the latest version control repository manager. Here is the link in case you need it:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/18824.html

Regards,
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Insight Manager

Please note that there is a dedicated IM7 forum at http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=266

It sounds like there are several issues going on here. When IM7 tells you there are no repositories, it really means there is no repository that trusts it. When you are viewing the 'All Servers' or 'All Systems' query, you should be able to click the HW icon for the server the VCRM is on and go directly there without logging on if it trusts IM7.

You don't mention is you are using VCRM 2.0. With 2.0 you can set up automatic updating via ftp from the hp download site (ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub). You also can upload new Support Packs from SmartStart media. Don't forget you also can manually download a PSP and copy it into the VCRM directory.