cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight board - PCI

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Insight board - PCI

I have just installed windows 2k Adv Server on my ML530. The server has a smart array 3200, 2 x HBA's to a RA8000, 6134 Nic and a RIB - PCI. My problem is this, there is not enough resources for the ATI Graphics and PCI to PCI bridge. I have installed the SDD and ml530 rompaq 11/8/00. I can still only get 640x480 when going thru the RIB.. Any Ideas... If not then I will have to throw away 20 RIB's
4 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Insight board - PCI

In order to resolve this you need to do the following:

1. Remove the RIB Card
2. Go to F10 -> System Configuration, and let it update the configuration
3. Reboot, and you can now change the graphics settings.
4. Shut down, and install the RIB Card
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

That might work, but... How was Win2K installed? Do you have the embedded video on this system disabled (required for the RIB)?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I tried disabling the on board graphics afer installing windows 2000 with the remote insight board, but this did not solve the problem. Do you need to install windows 2000 with the rib plugged in and the onboard graphics disabled, or is there another way
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have managed to fix our problem. I did this by removing the board and updating the system (press F10 on boot). Then I installed the win2k sp2. Then after another reboot re installed the Compaq support paq. Shut down server, insert rib making sure it is in slot 1. Re boot Server, let system update (F10 again). Then let windows boot up. When I went into device manager there was 2 ATI display adapters installed. Remove the second and it then discovers remote insight board. Then you can change display settings as normal.