New Discussion юеВ

Install Operating System without Intelligent Provisioning

SOLVED
Go to solution
Aktuator
Occasional Contributor

Install Operating System without Intelligent Provisioning

Hi all,

I am trying to install Windows Server 2019 Standard on an HPE Gen 10 server.

However, when I am using the wizard via intelligent provisioning the ISO File on my USB drive is not accepted and therefore I can't install the system.

Would it be OK, if I do a "normal" installation of the Windows Server without intelligent provisioning and once Windows is installed I run the SPP and install all the drivers etc.?

Would there be any disadvantage when installing the server this way?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Grettings Aktuator

4 REPLIES 4
Ash_1711
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Install Operating System without Intelligent Provisioning

Greetings!Aktuator,

Method 1.OS installation via IP , reference link to verify Configuring the server and installing an OS with Intelligent
Provisioning

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=sd00001085en_us

Method 2. You can also perform the direct OS installation on the server, you will need to must have the drivers for the Raid Controller driver depending on the Model of the Gen10 server. which you will have to provide during the OS installation. Post the OS installation you can install the Firmware & driver via SPP for the other components.

Would there be any disadvantage when installing the server this way?

There will be no disadvantage if you use the direct OS installation method & then install the firmware & drivers for the rest of the components after OS installation.

[Moderator edit: Updated the broken link]

Regards,

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Aktuator
Occasional Contributor

Excellent! Thank you very much Ash_1711!

Ballardin
Occasional Visitor

I'm trying to install the OS without using the IP, using the SATA ports on the Motherboard, but Windows says "Windows cannot be installed on this disk. Your computer's hardware may not support booting on this disk" I've already tested all the options. boot forms in the bios and none make this message change.

I no longer have access to the IP, because my board was defective, but I would like to continue using it without the raid controller.

the link you posted is not working.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Ballardin,

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, we would recommend you create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and guide you further. Also, we have updated the above link, please check. However, you may refer the https://support.hpe.com/ for more details. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo