ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753862 Members
7470 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Install Redhat enterprise 4 for DL360 G5, hp smart array E200i.

luongson
Frequent Advisor

Install Redhat enterprise 4 for DL360 G5, hp smart array E200i.

Hi all.
I have Server DL 360 G5 with card smart array E200i, I have would like install Redhat enterprise 4, but not dirver for card smart array, and hp u320 SCSI, SAS HBA, I not install Redhat for server. Help me driver for server is install Redhat for server.

Thank many.
26 REPLIES 26
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Luongson,

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/1116_6215.html#16

Drivers for Smart Array & U320.

Regards.
luongson
Frequent Advisor

Thanks. But not install Redhat enterprise, when begin install not find hda for install redhat, link http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/1116_6215.html#16
not Driver to install redhat enterprise.
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

It seems like you are looking for the Smart Array E200i controller driver disk for RHEL 4 installation.

This is the driver for the array controller. Download the file, create a driver disk (floppy disk). The rest of the instructions are also in the same link.
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/download/27501.html
luongson
Frequent Advisor

Hi adric and all.
I have istall follow link
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/download/27501.html
But not istall .Creating a drive diskette for install load driver for install redhat but not find driver.
Thank many.`
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to ask, but have you tried the following:

To install Linux using this "ProLiant Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (x86)" Driver Diskette, boot your Linux machine with your Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 CD1 in your CD-ROM Drive.

A menu will be displayed, prompting for your input. Type the following line of code to inform the operating system of the diskette:

# linux updates dd

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (x86) will prompt for the Updates Diskette and the ProLiant Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (x86) Driver Diskette during the installation procedure.

Also, the driver disk must be "created", you cannot simply copy the downloaded file to the floppy disk.

In Linux/Unix:
# dd if=cpq_cciss-.rhel4.i686.dd of=/dev/fd0 bs=1440k

Under DOS:

C:\> d:\dosutils\rawrite

Enter disk image source file name: cpq_cciss-.rhel4.i686.dd
luongson
Frequent Advisor

Hi adric
I have install following you, but not install, not find harddisk in server, not driver to install redhat. Help me.
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

That's strange. I think we will need to start from the basics then. I am assuming that the hard drives are connected to the E200i controller. If so, when you go into the ACU (array configuration), you should be able create / manage arrays.

Please backup all data, delete the existing RAID configuration, then create a new RAID array. Insert the RHEL 4 disc 1, at the boot: type "linux updates dd".

Hope this helps.

~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

The other thing you can try is:

Boot the server to RBSU by pressing F9 during POST.

Select the System Options & select Operating System as Linux.

Also, check the Boot Controller Order & make sure that the E200 controller is the first controller to be used.

Good Luck!
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

adric: the 'Select Operating System' is no longer necessary and doesn't even appear in current servers.

luongson: you should be using RHEL 4 Update 4 since that contains driver support for your system.