ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752786 Members
6159 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Install Redhat enterprise 4 for DL360 G5, hp smart array E200i.

~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Oops! I must have been looking at some old information then.

Thanks for clarifying David! :)
luongson
Frequent Advisor

Hi all.
Server have Raid, server install windows 2003 ok (have hp SmartStart 7.90 support Window, not support to install Redhat ), but when I install not driver for Redhat or linux, RHEL 4 not support driver for install, and check the Boot controller ok, The E200i controller the first to be used. Help me ?
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Do you know which update of RHEL 4 are you trying to install? It should be minimum of RHEL 4 update 2 (if using dual-core processors), or RHEL 4 update 4 (if using quad-core processors).

Check the Linux Certification page for DL360 G5 at:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/linux/dl360g5-drivers-cert.html
luongson
Frequent Advisor

Hi all.
I not install RHEl 4, when boot to install linux,
To install Linux using this "ProLiant Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (x86)" Driver Diskette, boot your Linux machine with your Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 CD1 in your CD-ROM Drive.

A menu will be displayed, prompting for your input. Type the following line of code to inform the operating system of the diskette:

# linux updates dd

and report "No hard drivers have been found. you probably need to manually choose device drivers for the installation to succeed. Would you like to select drivers now?
"I select /sda
and load Reading driver disk, load scsi driver (loading usb-stogate disk) and end report "Error
No devices of the appropriate tupe were found on this dirver disk. Would you like to manually select the driver, continue anyway, or load another driver disk? " and not find driver for install RHEL4. I have is driver for DL 360G5 is install RHEL4.Help me. Cooming soon..
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

When you select /sda, you are selecting the hard drive, not the floppy drive. You need to select the floppy drive since the drivers are in the floppy disk.

You should be looking to select /fd0 or so, and it should work! :)
luongson
Frequent Advisor

hi adric.
Ok, but not find driver for install RHLE, and report "Loading usb-storage driver Error
No devices of the appropriate tupe were found on this dirver disk. Would you like to manually select the driver, continue anyway, or load another driver disk ? " Help me, cooming soon..
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Luongson!

Is this the error you get when you select /sda or when you select /fd0?

It is becoming very puzzling now, but when the floppy drive is connected, the drivers should be detected by RHEL 4 setup. Be sure to select & search for the drivers on the floppy drive.

Good Luck!
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Oh, and are you using RHEL 4 update 2 or RHEL 4 update 4?
luongson
Frequent Advisor

Hi adric !
I am using RHLE4 update 2, I am
ensure to select & search for the drivers on the floppy drive. but not find driver for install.

~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

If all the steps have been followed correctly including /fd0 for drivers, and if the issue still persists, I am literally out of options now. :(

Not sure if anybody else following this thread has deployed RHEL 4 in a similar setup for DL360 G5, and would like to share any more ideas.