ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753643 Members
5187 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Install Redhat enterprise 4 for DL360 G5, hp smart array E200i.

luongson
Frequent Advisor

Hi adric.

Thanks adric very much. Cooming soon.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

DL360 G5 does not come with a floppy drive, so what floppy drive are you using?
According to server QuickSpecs (http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12476_div/12476_div.HTML):
Slimline media bay supporting DVD, CD or Floppy drive (you cannot have DVD and floppy at the same time)
Or are you installing using ILO2 virtual media?. Please clarify this, as the method explained above should work.
luongson
Frequent Advisor

Hi vcespon.
I am using floppy usb for load driver to install RHLE4, using command
Boot:linux update dd
and pick sda and load driver for install and reading data in floppy usb and report not driver ( I think driver is SmartArray E200i for install RHLE4 isn't true ).Help me, cooming soon.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Yes, the question here is WHICH USB floppy drive? The forums are full of posts about people purchasing a server without floppy drive and then trying to use a 3rd party one (and it fails obviously).
You can use this:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/drives-enclosures/usb-floppy-drive-key/index.html
luongson
Frequent Advisor

Hi vcespon.
The floppy usb is still reading data and format fat in windown xp and rawrite driver for install linux ok, i think floppy usb is very good, and driver for RHLE 4 is error.
luongson
Frequent Advisor

Hi all.
I send you are picture in install RHLE4, help me, coming soon.
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

I see that you are using the command "linux dd update".

The actual command is "linux updates dd" (verbatim). Anyway, since you are getting the option to choose the driver disk, I think it's fine.

Only hda & sda seem to be listed. as far as my understanding in linux goes, hda, hdb... is assigned for IDE hard drives. sda, sdb... is assigned for SCSI / SATA drives. Or sda could be your USB hard/floppy drive.

If sda is what the USB FDD is recognized as, then the error during "new device found" could be the one stopping the setup from reading the floppy correctly (may be because it is not supported).

I'd recommend that you "invest" in 390164-B21 - an HP slimline floppy drive & successfully complete the RHEL 4 setup.

Good Luck.