ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Redhat enterprise 4 for DL360 G5, hp smart array E200i.

luongson
Frequent Advisor

Install Redhat enterprise 4 for DL360 G5, hp smart array E200i.

Hi all.
I have Server DL 360 G5 with card smart array E200i, I have would like install Redhat enterprise 4, but not dirver for card smart array, and hp u320 SCSI, SAS HBA, I not install Redhat for server. Help me driver for server is install Redhat for server.

Thank many.
26 REPLIES
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: Install Redhat enterprise 4 for DL360 G5, hp smart array E200i.

Hello Luongson,

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/1116_6215.html#16

Drivers for Smart Array & U320.

Regards.
luongson
Frequent Advisor

Thanks. But not install Redhat enterprise, when begin install not find hda for install redhat, link http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/1116_6215.html#16
not Driver to install redhat enterprise.
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

It seems like you are looking for the Smart Array E200i controller driver disk for RHEL 4 installation.

This is the driver for the array controller. Download the file, create a driver disk (floppy disk). The rest of the instructions are also in the same link.
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/download/27501.html
luongson
Frequent Advisor

Hi adric and all.
I have istall follow link
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/download/27501.html
But not istall .Creating a drive diskette for install load driver for install redhat but not find driver.
Thank many.`
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to ask, but have you tried the following:

To install Linux using this "ProLiant Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (x86)" Driver Diskette, boot your Linux machine with your Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 CD1 in your CD-ROM Drive.

A menu will be displayed, prompting for your input. Type the following line of code to inform the operating system of the diskette:

# linux updates dd

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (x86) will prompt for the Updates Diskette and the ProLiant Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (x86) Driver Diskette during the installation procedure.

Also, the driver disk must be "created", you cannot simply copy the downloaded file to the floppy disk.

In Linux/Unix:
# dd if=cpq_cciss-.rhel4.i686.dd of=/dev/fd0 bs=1440k

Under DOS:

C:\> d:\dosutils\rawrite

Enter disk image source file name: cpq_cciss-.rhel4.i686.dd
luongson
Frequent Advisor

Hi adric
I have install following you, but not install, not find harddisk in server, not driver to install redhat. Help me.
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

That's strange. I think we will need to start from the basics then. I am assuming that the hard drives are connected to the E200i controller. If so, when you go into the ACU (array configuration), you should be able create / manage arrays.

Please backup all data, delete the existing RAID configuration, then create a new RAID array. Insert the RHEL 4 disc 1, at the boot: type "linux updates dd".

Hope this helps.

~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

The other thing you can try is:

Boot the server to RBSU by pressing F9 during POST.

Select the System Options & select Operating System as Linux.

Also, check the Boot Controller Order & make sure that the E200 controller is the first controller to be used.

Good Luck!
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

adric: the 'Select Operating System' is no longer necessary and doesn't even appear in current servers.

luongson: you should be using RHEL 4 Update 4 since that contains driver support for your system.
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Oops! I must have been looking at some old information then.

Thanks for clarifying David! :)
luongson
Frequent Advisor

Hi all.
Server have Raid, server install windows 2003 ok (have hp SmartStart 7.90 support Window, not support to install Redhat ), but when I install not driver for Redhat or linux, RHEL 4 not support driver for install, and check the Boot controller ok, The E200i controller the first to be used. Help me ?
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Do you know which update of RHEL 4 are you trying to install? It should be minimum of RHEL 4 update 2 (if using dual-core processors), or RHEL 4 update 4 (if using quad-core processors).

Check the Linux Certification page for DL360 G5 at:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/linux/dl360g5-drivers-cert.html
luongson
Frequent Advisor

Hi all.
I not install RHEl 4, when boot to install linux,
To install Linux using this "ProLiant Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (x86)" Driver Diskette, boot your Linux machine with your Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 CD1 in your CD-ROM Drive.

A menu will be displayed, prompting for your input. Type the following line of code to inform the operating system of the diskette:

# linux updates dd

and report "No hard drivers have been found. you probably need to manually choose device drivers for the installation to succeed. Would you like to select drivers now?
"I select /sda
and load Reading driver disk, load scsi driver (loading usb-stogate disk) and end report "Error
No devices of the appropriate tupe were found on this dirver disk. Would you like to manually select the driver, continue anyway, or load another driver disk? " and not find driver for install RHEL4. I have is driver for DL 360G5 is install RHEL4.Help me. Cooming soon..
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

When you select /sda, you are selecting the hard drive, not the floppy drive. You need to select the floppy drive since the drivers are in the floppy disk.

You should be looking to select /fd0 or so, and it should work! :)
luongson
Frequent Advisor

hi adric.
Ok, but not find driver for install RHLE, and report "Loading usb-storage driver Error
No devices of the appropriate tupe were found on this dirver disk. Would you like to manually select the driver, continue anyway, or load another driver disk ? " Help me, cooming soon..
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Luongson!

Is this the error you get when you select /sda or when you select /fd0?

It is becoming very puzzling now, but when the floppy drive is connected, the drivers should be detected by RHEL 4 setup. Be sure to select & search for the drivers on the floppy drive.

Good Luck!
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Oh, and are you using RHEL 4 update 2 or RHEL 4 update 4?
luongson
Frequent Advisor

Hi adric !
I am using RHLE4 update 2, I am
ensure to select & search for the drivers on the floppy drive. but not find driver for install.

~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

If all the steps have been followed correctly including /fd0 for drivers, and if the issue still persists, I am literally out of options now. :(

Not sure if anybody else following this thread has deployed RHEL 4 in a similar setup for DL360 G5, and would like to share any more ideas.
luongson
Frequent Advisor

Hi adric.

Thanks adric very much. Cooming soon.
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor

DL360 G5 does not come with a floppy drive, so what floppy drive are you using?
According to server QuickSpecs (http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12476_div/12476_div.HTML):
Slimline media bay supporting DVD, CD or Floppy drive (you cannot have DVD and floppy at the same time)
Or are you installing using ILO2 virtual media?. Please clarify this, as the method explained above should work.
luongson
Frequent Advisor

Hi vcespon.
I am using floppy usb for load driver to install RHLE4, using command
Boot:linux update dd
and pick sda and load driver for install and reading data in floppy usb and report not driver ( I think driver is SmartArray E200i for install RHLE4 isn't true ).Help me, cooming soon.
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor

Yes, the question here is WHICH USB floppy drive? The forums are full of posts about people purchasing a server without floppy drive and then trying to use a 3rd party one (and it fails obviously).
You can use this:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/drives-enclosures/usb-floppy-drive-key/index.html
luongson
Frequent Advisor

Hi vcespon.
The floppy usb is still reading data and format fat in windown xp and rawrite driver for install linux ok, i think floppy usb is very good, and driver for RHLE 4 is error.