ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753514 Members
8189 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Install XP 32-bit on DL145 G2

Cameron Stone

Install XP 32-bit on DL145 G2

I am having the hardest time getting Windows XP 32-bit installed on a DL145 G2. I am fully aware that HP does not support XP on the 145, but I've seen a few users (including on these forums) install it successfully. If it's possible, then I must be able to do it.

I'm getting stuck anywhere between the F6 loading drivers point to the "Setup is starting Windows" point. Sometimes the install doesn't like the LSI .sys file, other times it'll just hang for hours.

I think I'm having one of two possible problems with this:
1) I can't find the right LSI drivers.
2) My BIOS settings are incorrect.

As far as the drivers go, I've tried the Server 2000 and 2003 drivers that HP has on their site. I've also gone to LSI's support and downloads page to download the XP x86 drivers for the same devices. Now, I'm still not sure if I'm getting the correct drivers. If someone can point me to the correct LSI drivers for XP x86, that would be ideal.

As far as the BIOS settings go, I've changed the SATA controller settings back and forth from enabled to disabled constantly through each LSI driver I've tried. I've made sure that 32-bit transfers are allowed on all bootable devices. Other than those settings, I haven't messed too much with anything else. If someone can tell me the correct settings I should have, that would be great. Only the important settings that will actually make a difference with the install; I know that PS/2 should be enabled and stuff like that.

I appreciate your responses in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

try nlite

http://www.nliteos.com/

F6 sometimes it is a pain the ***

just be sure you are loading the correct drivers according to your controller
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

I must add you mention LSI and SATA which controller you got ??? usually for XP the drivers for W2003 work OK also if the latest W2003 driver does not work try a previous version
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!