ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748180 Members
3947 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Install failing to identify the Array Controller with correct drivers.

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

To Struckr

If you use the Assisted Setup on the Smart Start CD for regular NT 4.0, you should have no problem setting up the server. I only encountered problems with Terminal Server.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Good info - thanks to all of you
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have successfully setup TSE on DL360. However, I am not able to get Insight Management Agent to work. During the Compaq Management CD install, I received no error message but got complaint on event viewer saying could not start agent "CPQMHOST". I have configured SNMP settings on both the Insight Manager Server and DL360 but am still getting Inaccessible message. Any ideas?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am having a similar problem under NT4 Enterprise Ed. It will install the array drivers during the Smart Start install, however, it won't detect any drives when trying to do a manual install of the OS no matter which drivers I use. This makes it impossible to do a system recovery if it becomes unbootable.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am having the exact same problem, I am also using TEE and an DL360. Thanks to all the posts I think I've got it sorted - I'll let you guys know later!!

I must say however, I have normally used Dell servers for Terminal Server installations and never had a problem since they provide 3 disks in the box for the PER/PERC2 drivers which are used at installation. Why don't Compaq do something similar? Or at least document this problem!!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The option to hit F6 when Termina Server hardware detection starts and add Compaq Array drivers at this point was the only one that worked for me. Thank you very much, narb_ky!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have had similar problems but at daft o clock in the morning trying to repair NT. Was unable to get NT boot CD to see the internal mass storage connected to the integratedRAID module.

The F6 prompt is not always visible during the NT Manual install, but if you press it, it will ddefinitelyprompt you to install mass storage driver. If you wait until it hasn't found a mass storage device and then add the driver this will not work. Keep pressing F6 as soon as anything blue appears and you will get the prompt. For the internal RAID controller module you need to select "Compaq Integrated Smart Array/42xx/43xx Controllers"

Next question is where is the driver. For NT4.0 put you Smarstart CD in a workstation and autorun. Choose "Create Support Software", Select "Compaq Support Paq for Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Supplemental Diskettes Version 1.XX". This will create 2 disks. My driver was on disk 1, depending on your version of smartstart it might be on disk 2. Which ever disk contains CPQARRY2.SYS is the right one.

Hope this helps,
Andy F
(Compaq Rules)