1752762 Members
5206 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Install issues on ML115 G5

Craig_79
Frequent Advisor

Install issues on ML115 G5

I didn't plan on this but now I am testing various OS installations, I can install Windows Server 2003 Standard edition and Small Business Server 2003 Premium R2 on a ML115 G5 with AMD proc, 4GB ram, with Nvidia sata controller & drivers in a mirrored setup. I CAN NOT install Small Business Server 2003 Premiumon this unit. This is original SBS 2003 Premium release, no Service Packs to it. It sounds like a bad CD, but I can install it on other test servers. When it gets to the "Welcome to Setup" screen it locks up. There is no keyboard response. The front bezel Drive LED blinks every 1 second. I can open the CD-ROM drive, and I can power off by pressing the power button. The other OS's I mentioned install just fine at this point. Has anyone experienced this phenomenum on this model?
3 REPLIES 3
dave w_1

Craig

did you ever get a fix for this issue? the same problem is driving me round the bend and I can't find any mention of this as an issue.

cheers

Dave
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

I believe the problem is that it does not have SP2 on the CD. Could be a driver missing in the original..

firmware upgrades?
common issue with these is the drivers that needs to be loaded for the embedded controller.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01540760&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Might be able to help altough it is for the ML110 which have another embedded controller.
Craig_79
Frequent Advisor

No I didn't, i didn't have time.