New Discussion юеВ

Re: Install procedure for 128 MB BBWC Upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
RalfG
Frequent Advisor

Install procedure for 128 MB BBWC Upgrade

Hi,

we have purchased the 128 MB BBWC upgrade (346914-B21) for one of our 6i array controllers (DL380 G4 server).

Can anyone give me a link to a document on the HP site where the upgrade is described? The kit came without upgrade instructions.
6 REPLIES 6
TTr
Honored Contributor

I have not done it on the 6i but I have replaced batteries several times on other controllers. I do the following.

All memory must be installed with power off. You must pull the power cords from the server as well.

You may have to physically remove the controller from the PCI slot.

You MUST remove any existing batteries from the controller BEFORE you install the memory.

After you install the memory, then you install and connect the battery(ies).

Install the 6i back and power on the server.
TTr
Honored Contributor

I also found this ftp://ftpboi.external.hp.com/ftp1/pub/openstorage/KSM903RF.PDF

It shows similar steps as I mentioned earlier. Wow, it is from the Compaq/Digital days...
RalfG
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your reply. I'm not so worried about the memory, more about how/where the cache battery has to be installed. I haven't found a picture about this.
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor
Solution

SmartArray 6i is the integrated SmartArray controller on DL380 G4, so the "Maintenance and Service Guide" of the _server_ would be a good place to check...

...yes, there it is:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00687567/c00687567.pdf

Pages 26-30.

It was in the standard manuals download page for DL380 G4, accessible via http://www.hp.com/go/support search. Apparently this manual is available in English only, and if you choose e.g. German as your language, there is no indication that other documents might be available in a different language.

MK
MK
RalfG
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, that's what I was looking for!
RalfG
Frequent Advisor

found the solution