1752664 Members
5458 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Install windows server 2008 r2 on ML115 G5

supportwelldon
Advisor

Install windows server 2008 r2 on ML115 G5

I am trying to install windows 2008 r2 onto our ML115 G5, it sees the disk but will not do anything it complains that it can't use it.

Although I have told it where the drivers are?

any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

what is precise error message what is method of install cd image , slipstreamed pxe what please a few details
Pogumirskiy Nikolay
Frequent Advisor

supportwelldon
You may use to methods on local installation...
1.Use HP SmartStart CD
2.Copy drivers for ML115G5 RAID controller on flash drive and point on when Win asks.

Don't forget to update firmware for RAID, iLO, network and BIOS to latest version :)
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

hmmm...smart start cd not supported on this server...
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

hmmmmm well supportwelldon, you really should be assigning points

its a way of saying thanking you

well okay here we go
1. Install OS with Embedded SATA RAID Disabled(No Drivers or F6 required) on one Harddrive.
2. Once OS is installed, Extract the Embedded SATA RAID Drivers to a folder.
3. Goto Control Panel-> Add New Hardware->Device is connected->New Hardware->Raid Controller->Have Disk->Browse to the folder where the Embedded SATA RAID Drivers were extracted. Select the .inf file->Install Adaptec Raid Driver.

4. Restart the Server goto BIOS enable the Embedded SATA RAID.
5. Press F8 and goto Sata Raid BIOS->Configure the Drives->Create Array->Raid 0/1
A warning message will appear "Warning: Configuring the drives will erase all Array information from the selected drives, if that drive is part of an array. Arrays using any of these drives as members will be affected! Do you want to continue?(Yes/No):". Press "Y" to continue.

6. If Raid 1 is selected it will ask you what is the Source Disk, select the Right Disk in which OS was installed previously. Warning message might appear again. Select "Y".

7. Rebuild will take sometime, once rebuild is complete restart the server.

Once rebooted Raid would be detected and windows would boot up, in windows it would detect new hardware and Adaptec Raid drivers will be installed. Now Server is built migrated to Raid Successfully.

hint :)

This is how we thank each other in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

assign points then submit too

Enjoy:) tanks
BisonFrames
Occasional Advisor

I'll give you points! :-)
Thanks for solving my problem too.