ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753868 Members
7396 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Install windows server 2012 on m.2 ssd disk (nvm express controler) ml30 gen10

SOLVED
Go to solution
LuisLRP
Occasional Visitor

Install windows server 2012 on m.2 ssd disk (nvm express controler) ml30 gen10

How can install with imtelligent provisionen a windows server 2012 on m2 ssd disk (nvm express controler)

Server HP Proliant ML30 gen10.

Install the operation system on m2 ssd disk (nvme)

Can anyone help me┬┐?

3 REPLIES 3
vijay9
HPE Pro

Re: Install windows server 2012 on m.2 ssd disk (nvm express controler) ml30 gen10

Hi Luis, 

Greetings!

Ml30 Gen10 + can install windows 2012 on m.2 SSD 

Yes, you can boot from M.2 drives.
The server also has Onboard M.2 slot with NVMe SSD support.

Use the M.2 connector on the system board or on the optional M.2/dedicated iLO/serial port enablement
board to install an M.2 SSD on the server.
Use the embedded HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 Controller to manage the M.2 SATA SSDs. The
S100i SR Gen10 SW RAID support requires that the server boot mode be set to UEFI.

Regards, 

Vijay 

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

LuisLRP
Occasional Visitor
Solution

I have managed to install windows server 2019.
Install with ILO5.
Install with virtualized DVD image from ILO5.
When you can choose on which drive to install it in the windows installation cancel the installation and from diskpart remove partitions and rerun the installation.
So it already lets you install in the unit you want.
I hope it will be you useful

CPiard

Hi i got this probleme because Windows Server 2019 need the driver of the HPE Smarty Array S100i

Please see this HPE doc 

Installing the Windows driver for HPE SmartArray S100i Software RAID

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00036381en_us

I had download the last driver of S100i  on the HPE website

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_5b8eac1a8fe144b4ae4f537c75#tab-history

Transform the extracted S100i files on Iso file and after mount this iso file during the Windows Install disk selection to load the S100i driver,  refresh and you will see the volume, unmount this iso and mount again windows iso file for install windows on the volume.