108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Installation 2012 through HP Intelligent Provisioning

SOLVED
Go to solution
topokin
Advisor

Installation 2012 through HP Intelligent Provisioning

I am trying to install a Windows Server 2012 throuhg HP Intelligent Provisioning on a DL360p Gen8 server, however the OS installation source is not being detected. I have tried with both DVD-Drive on my Windows 7 client and as well as iso. On both occassions I get the error message "Unable to find any valid media, add and choose 'rescan'"

But I able do both and install the OS without HP Intelligent Provisioning with the same source the HP Intelligent Provisioning is not detecting, only I do not have HP driver installed.

It is not a must that the installation has to be performed throuhg HP Intelligent Provisioning, but where do I get driversupport tools installed for the system. I could not find any link to appropriate Support Pack for Windows Server 2012 on HP site.

My view is the reliability between HP Intelligent Provisioning and Windows Server 2012 source, as I was able to also provision the same system with Windows Server 2008 R2 through HP Intelligent Provisioning.

Any help please.

3 REPLIES 3
xmate
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: Installation 2012 through HP Intelligent Provisioning

Hello

You can use SPP to update your drivers/firmware/software from operating system.

What is the version of intelligent provisioning you use? Windows 2012 supported only from version 1.30 and later.

You can use Intelligent provisioning recovery media to update IP to the latest version.

You can also get a detailed instruction on installing windows 2012 with intelligeng provisioning here.

Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Star.
Hazem Bahgat
Frequent Advisor

Greeting there,

i have done this installation before, through a work around, all you have to is:

1- reboot your server on the SPP, upgrade your firmware. (this procedure is important for the Sake of the array controller)

2- insert your windows 2012 DVD, and install your Windows2012.

3- now re-run the SPP over windows once more to install all the needed Drivers and firmware needed.

4- after you finish, use your app.

i have done a video for this on youtube, just search for Hazem Bahgat on youtube, and see workaround for installing windows 2012 without IP

Best Regards and Appreciation,
Hazem Bahgat

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
Hazem Bahgat
Frequent Advisor

Hey,

you can also just Upgrade the Intelligent provisioning feature using the Intelligent provisiong Recovery DVD, you have to restart your server, choose F10 to enter IP, then move to perform Maintanence, and choose IP Recovery, process with this upgrade, then install your OS

Best Regards and Appreciation,
Hazem Bahgat

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.