ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753902 Members
10026 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Installation of MS SBS 2003 on ML 110 G2

Marco Kellenberger

Installation of MS SBS 2003 on ML 110 G2

I try to install the Small Business Server 2003 on a ML 110 G2 with SATA Raid Controller and Hot Plug Drives. I can create Raid1 Arrays but when I try to install the OS the drives are not detected! On the ML 110 G2 there is no floppy-drive as well so I can't install a different driver...
So I am quite at the end of my nerves...
Can somebody help me??
6 REPLIES 6
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: Installation of MS SBS 2003 on ML 110 G2

Do you have a USB floppy drive?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Marco Kellenberger

No no floppy drive at all...
Troy Blewitt
Advisor

You'll need a supported floppy drive (internal or USB, but use a supported HP drive only - most others don't work). Or alternatively you can look at methods such as slipstreaming but that's much more complicated - not worth the time and effort for a single install.
Marco Kellenberger

So that means that HP is selling a server fully aware that without any additional hardware it's not possible to install an OS???
Troy Blewitt
Advisor

Yes, I believe the idea is that you are not forced to buy a floppy drive for every server. You can use the single USB FDD for all your servers.

But if this is your first of these servers (and therefore don't have the FDD yet) you will need to buy a FDD if you wish to use this configuration. Or with a bit of luck you will already have a USB FDD that will do the job - although this would be more valid if the compatibility rate of non-HP USB FDD was higher.

Of course you can always look at the alternative methods previously suggested.

And doesn't the server come pre-installed with SBS 2003? Or is that not true for all configurations?
Marco Kellenberger

No unfortunately not! But thank you anyway! I'll order such an USB Floppy now...