1748256 Members
3779 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Installation of Ubuntu in HP Proliant DL380 G5

Fnyirongo

Installation of Ubuntu in HP Proliant DL380 G5

Dear All,

I am Installing Ubuntu in HP Proliant DL380 G5 server but the installation does not find any disk, I then tried to install Windows OS, the installatiion was successful, and then I further checked on the internet and found to install these drivers; HP Proliant Support Pack CD for dpkg-based distributions

I managed to download burn into the cd but booting does not detecting the cd.

How can I install these drivers or how can I install the Ubuntu?

2 REPLIES 2
Ash_1711
HPE Pro

Hello,

I checked through the HPE Servers Support & Certification Matrices:  https://techlibrary.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/exceptions/ubuntu_exceptions.aspx

I see none of the Ubuntu versions are supported for DL380 G5.

This OS is not supported for the mentioned model DL380 G5, however, you could have tried to use the Smart start CD(https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_2e6c41afdb8c4c0d9bffce484c) & try to install OS but since there are no drivers available for this OS on HPE site that might not work too.  You might want to contact OS vendor as its eos and also the matrix is not showing the support anymore.

Regards,

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@Fnyirongo wrote:

Dear All,

I am Installing Ubuntu in HP Proliant DL380 G5 server but the installation does not find any disk, I then tried to install Windows OS, the installatiion was successful, and then I further checked on the internet and found to install these drivers; HP Proliant Support Pack CD for dpkg-based distributions

I managed to download burn into the cd but booting does not detecting the cd.

How can I install these drivers or how can I install the Ubuntu?

A couple of things. Did you create an array? The disk controller in the G5 ProLiant used the 'cciss' driver which has been obsolete for some time and most modern kernels do not build/include it by default. It was completly removed from the kernel in v4.14

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!