New Discussion юеВ

Installation of Ubuntu in HPE DL20 GEN10

SOLVED
Go to solution
mark_sm
Occasional Visitor

Installation of Ubuntu in HPE DL20 GEN10

Hi,

I have recently purchase HPE DL20 GEN 10 servers and would like to run Ubuntu as base operating system. However, after the installation we are unable to boot the device. I have enabled UEFI Boot mode and AHCI raid controller, however i am not able to do it.

I have gone through various documents and people in community have been able to install the Ubuntu OS in the same configuration servers. Please find below the references of same:

I have seen that there is an alternate solution available to fix the compatibility issue with Ubuntu (Linux).

https://community.hpe.com/t5/proliant-servers-ml-dl-sl/ubuntu-server-on-dl20gen10/m-p/7073419#M168985

https://downloads.linux.hpe.com/SDR/project/lsrrb/

Can someone pls help me with step by step guide on how can i Install ubuntu in the said servers. I shall be very thankful for this.

6 REPLIES 6
Cali
Honored Contributor

Re: Installation of Ubuntu in HPE DL20 GEN10

Need to know, what is your Boot Controller and Device.

(Smart Array, SSD Disk, M.2?)

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
mark_sm
Occasional Visitor

Hi Cali,

The device (HPE DL20 GEN10 E-2124) has been set to UEFI Boot and currently i am using the SATA AHCI to install ubuntu.

There is an option to enable smart array i100 in the system but i believe the Ubuntu (going with 16.04 version) will work with SATA AHCI.

AmRa
HPE Pro

Hi

If you are able to install Ubuntu OS successfully on HPE DL20 GEN10 and later server is not booting to OS, in that case you can try by тАЬAdding a boot option to the UEFI Boot Order listтАЭ

For more information on тАЬAdding a boot option to the UEFI Boot Order listтАЭ, please refer UEFI System Utilities User Guide for HPE ProLiant Gen10 (Page number 89)

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00016407en_us

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
mark_sm
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Hi Amra,

I was able to install ubunutu 20.04 in the server without any issue.

Prior to installation, i had set Sata Configuration to AHCI and UEFI boot was enabled and finally i was able to complete the installation without any issue.  The boot order was set to HDD first.

BillyPitt

Hi, I also found this same issue, and the boot option can see Ubuntu, but it just don't boot up after installation completed

Ubuntu ver:  22.04 which is certified by Ubuntu

10 TB SATA x 2 Raid 1

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @BillyPitt,

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and assist you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo