ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752777 Members
6028 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Installation of W.S.2003 on SERVEUR HP ML150G3

CA1473259

Installation of W.S.2003 on SERVEUR HP ML150G3

I have necessity to install windows serveur 2003 on one serveur HP ML 150 G3.Si can install W.S.2003 although there is a single Disc? I have tried to install W.S.2003 but to a sure point of the installation from CD one jams to me. The controller it goes installed? How I can make?
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: Installation of W.S.2003 on SERVEUR HP ML150G3

1#Well did you try to start with the smart CD.
2#Do not try to do raid, with one HD can not.

Dan
Timur S Lukovkin
Regular Advisor

Yes, you can use 1 disk, that will be a raid 0.

Also, remember that you will need a floppy diskette in order to load the controller drivers into windows!!
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

A RAID 0 (also known as a stripe set or striped volume) splits data evenly across two or more disks (striped) with no parity information for redundancy. It is important to note that RAID 0 was not one of the original RAID levels and provides zero data redundancy. RAID 0 is normally used to increase performance, although it can also be used as a way to create a small number of large virtual disks out of a large number of small physical ones.

A RAID 0 can be created with disks of differing sizes, but the storage space added to the array by each disk is limited to the size of the smallest disk. For example, if a 120 GB disk is striped together with a 100 GB disk, the size of the array will be...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_RAID_levels

DennisCThornton
Frequent Advisor

You do not need a floopy for the OS install.

Boot to the SmartStart CD and install Windows 2003 from there. The SmartStart CD installs all the drivers you need.

With one drive you cannot do any RAID.