ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752742 Members
5486 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Installation of Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition on Proliant ML350 G3 Server

Mezzano

Installation of Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition on Proliant ML350 G3 Server

Here is my problem:

I'm trying to install a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition OS which is NOT HP-BRANDED.

The config of the server is the following:

ROM setup is D14 (07/25/2003)

4 hard drives at 36.4GB in RAID 1
2 logic volumes

ultrium-scsi controller with tape drive

RBSU is configured for microsoft win 2000/2003

When I boot on smartstart CD 6.40b, I only get the choice to install Windows 2000 server OS's and Windows 2003 server but only (HP-BRANDED) and I don't dispose of an HP's edition OS, but only one original from microsoft.

I tried to boot directly with this original microsoft win 2003 server cd and by the way couldn't enter with F6 for raid setup (although raid was already configured), and couldn't install OS, I got this message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer. ... This may involve a mnufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program.

Could someone help me to solve this problem, I'm completely new to proliant servers, is the problem coming from ROM's version? from smart array config? from smartstart version?

Any help is welcome,

Tanguy
1 REPLY 1
Oleg Mochkin
Trusted Contributor

Re: Installation of Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition on Proliant ML350 G3 Server

Try more recent SmartStart v7.xx : ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/supportsoftware/ZIP/
BR, Oleg.