ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753400 Members
7360 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Installing Insight Management Agents on DL160 g5 storage server (windows 2003 x64)?

SOLVED
Go to solution
mbrownnyc
Advisor

Installing Insight Management Agents on DL160 g5 storage server (windows 2003 x64)?

Hello,

I just had an HDD fail on our DL160 G5 storage server (with Windows 2003 x64).

Since the management agents weren't installed, I did not receive an alert for the failure.

I proceeded to download the latest Proliant Support Pack and attempt the installation.

The PSP installation fails with the following issue:

Installation for "HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions" requires one or more of the following that is not currently installed or in the install set:

- HP ProLiant Advanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows
- HP ProLiant iLO Advanced and Enhanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows
- HP ProLiant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver for Windows
- HP ProLiant iLO 3 Management Controller Driver for Windows
- HP ProLiant iLO 3 Management Controller Driver for Windows
- HP ProLiant 100-Series Management Controller Driver for Windows

I was able to locate all of the above drivers for Windows 2003 Server x64, with the exception of the "HP ProLiant Advanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows."  All of the above driver installers fails with the following error:

The software will not be installed on this system because the required hardware is not present in the system or the software/firmware doesn't apply to this system.

I then was able to locate the executable for the Insight Management Agents, itself, by referring to the .cmd file located in the Proliant Support Pack directory, as cp013745.exe.

When I run this installer, I receive the following error:

The installation program couldn't find the appropriate system management controller driver which is required but is not currently installed.  Please install the appropriate system management controller driver and then rerun the setup program.

When I extract this, and run agents_x64.msi, the GUI comes up, the progress gets about 30% of the way finished and the CPU spikes and no I/O bytes are counted to/from the process.

Are the Insight Management Agents available for the DL160 G5 Storage Server (with Windows 2003 x64)?  If so, how do I install them?

Any assistance or ideas is appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Matt

4 REPLIES 4
mbrownnyc
Advisor

Re: Installing Insight Management Agents on DL160 g5 storage server (windows 2003 x64)?

Excellent!  The management agents are now installed!

Unfortunately, the one program that I was hoping would be present, apparently is not. I am interested in configuring the HP Management Agents Event Notifier. Do you have any information on how to install this?

Thanks very much.

PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

Hmmm, it should be there. Have you checked under Start , All Programs , HP Management Agents , Event Notifier Configuration Wizard ?

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
mbrownnyc
Advisor

Thanks for replying!

It doesn't appear in any program group.

I can't locate the CIMntfy directory.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt