1752359 Members
6221 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installing NT 4

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Installing NT 4

I am trying to install NT 4 on a ProLiant 4500, however everytime the installation process gets just past the indentifying mass storage devices stage, the machine appear to go into standby, with the monitor switching into power saving mode.

Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

First off, the 4500 doesn't have a standby mode (it's on or off...). More likely the system is overheating or... causing it to power off.

Do you hear any beep errors before or after that happens? What do you have installed in the system physically (memory, CPU(s), cards...)?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

i am having the same issue...i ran the smartstart cd ver 4.5...this was a novell server...i did the erase...reconfigured everything for NT 4.0 server. after i answered all its questions..it asked for the NT 4.0 cd..it installed the files to the hard drive...then it rebooted and went to the setup of nt...blew past all the hardware then went to the bluse screen where you wait to see the dots go across the screen....it jsut sits there and wont go past it...
it has 360mb ram, one processor...2 external disk arrays.
thanks,

b
The Apple Core

That sounds like you just hit "Enter" aka AutoDetect. It won't autodetect SCSI controllers. Press the 'S' key and pick both Compaq SCSI controllers. Then it continues.