1752592 Members
3119 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Installing NT4 Terminal Server

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Installing NT4 Terminal Server

I'm trying to install WinNT4 Terminal Server on a ProLiant ML370 by using Smart Start CD. When I run automated configuration I can't select Terminal Server as operating system. Instead I've tryed the manual configuration. I select Terminal Server as OS an so far everything works fine.

When run the WinNT4 Terminal Server installation I get the message "Sedtup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer". Booting from DOS-diskette and running Partition Magic is no problem. I can create FAT partitions and access them from DOS. I can also create NTFS partiontions. Still, with or without any partitions, FAT or NTFS, I still get the same message.

I really need help with this since my customers have been wating patiently for one week. Needless to say, they are getting pretty mad.
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Installing NT4 Terminal Server

Hi, did you go through the initial F6 option right from the first initial blue setup screen. And then specified the right array controller driver. You can use the sp 14437 for the driver of the aray controller.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I found "the F6 solution" on this forum. This helped to start with. Now I'm working on a blue screen that occurs when I have installed the default NIC, Intel 82557-based NIC. I think I have to install another NIC driver to get this server running.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi, although I have not found if you model is a G2 or G1 but for nt under networks for the gigabit nic (the intel nic) there is the softpack cp001840.exe which is new and latest softpack for those gigabit nic. This might help. Check out this URL:
http://www.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/download/13629.html
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

There was a Compaq NIC in WTSRV installation that I selected. This solved the problem without the use of any SoftPaqs. The server is up and running.