Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAS Expander Card

s1001
Occasional Contributor

Installing SAS Expander Card

Hi

I have a DL380 G6 currently configured and running with 8 hard drives split into three arrays.  I need to install the SAS expander card as we require the extra capacity.  Will installing this card destroy the the current arrays? (for example the port numbers of the harddrives will change) Has anyone installed one of these into an existing server?  My experience with these cards is on new builds only.

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES
Uli_Boehm
Occasional Visitor

Re: Installing SAS Expander Card

Hi,

think that you perhaps get a controller message about a drive movement, but your arrays won´t be destroyed. Controller and drives supports roaming. Never had the possibilityto check this config...

Best regards

Uli Boehm

ImReallySmart
Occasional Advisor

My instincts tell me the new controller will read it as Foreign Config and maybe give you the option of importing those configs.

This page should have the info you need the second pdf about breaking mirrors has a link on page 9 it points to a useful page regarding the configuration of arrays luck and keep your data safe! http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual〈=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=101&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3902574