ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753359 Members
5104 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installing WIN2003 Server on DL145 with LSI SAS1068 Adapter - No Hard Drives Found?

Joel Hartmann

Installing WIN2003 Server on DL145 with LSI SAS1068 Adapter - No Hard Drives Found?

I'm not good with setting up windows and I need to get this done for a customer. I have HP Proliant DL145 G3 with two drives and a RAID controller.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00816835тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=3219755&prodTypeId=15351

There is a LSI Logic Utility to configure the SAS1068 Adapter for the RAID. I can get to this and set up the RAID array but the Windows installer keeps telling me "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer".

It has a AMD 64-bt processor and I'm installing 32-bit server, but I also tried XP 64-bit to test that theory and it gave me the same results.

I also downloaded drivers from the LSI website and put them on floppy and connected via USB floppy drive, pressed F6 to install third party RAID drivers, but it can never find the drivers.

Any clue?
4 REPLIES 4
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: Installing WIN2003 Server on DL145 with LSI SAS1068 Adapter - No Hard Drives Found?

Did you try with these drivers?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3285491тМй=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3219755&taskId=135

Other than that you did everything correctly. Did you have the right bit drivers each time you tried them (32bit and 64bit) and after you pressed F6 did you see any attempt to read the floppy/USB disk (any lights flashed?).

Also look inside the driver files to find an indication that you are using the E200 driver (assuming that's what you have) and not the SATA broadcom driver.

Joel Hartmann

No I got the driver off the LSI website. I'll try what HP has listed and see. It's a bit confusing for me because they have so many different drivers and firmware and I don't know how to find what my config is outside of easy things like RAM and processor. Also most of the HP drivers are compressed EXE and the instructions aren't helpful. Do I just extract the exe and put those files on the floppy?

Does it matter that I don't have an internal floppy? It's USB. I'm sure it works because I had it plugged in once when I booted and the machine told me it wasn't a bootable disk. Does it have to be formatted NTFS or is FAT ok? Would a CD-R work?

Thanks for our quick response.
TTr
Honored Contributor

I have not tried a USB floppy but what you did is correct and should work. Try the HP drivers.

Open the server to find out exactly which disk controller is installed, or look within the boot screens (bios) to see if it shows up there.

There are four different controller options, SAS non-RAID and raid entry level (SCxxGe), SAS RAID (SA series), SATA RAID (Broadcom) and SCSI. You need to determine which controller you have first, you did not mention what kind of disks are there maybe you can tell from that. The two SAS controller options can also accept SATA disks.
Joel Hartmann

I will look later today on the inside. I have 2 250GB SATA drives. They are in the usual Proliant cases with the "ejecting" handles.