ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748139 Members
3844 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Installing Win Server 2012 on ML110 G7 with RAID

PToastman

Installing Win Server 2012 on ML110 G7 with RAID

I am having trouble getting Windows Server 2012 Essentials installed on my new ML110 G7 with RAID enabled.

The Arrays have been set up - 1 OS HDD and 2 HDD's in RAID 1 for storage.

At the beginning of the Windows install process with RAID enabled, it asks for drivers to install. I can only assume it is asking for RAID Controller drivers since this step isn't required with other SATA options enabled.

When I try installing the RAID Controller driver from a USB stick, I navigate to it, click Next. Then a window pops up that says:

"No new devices drivers were found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK."

I'm not sure exactly what that is trying to tell me. I click OK and repeat, unable to get past this step of the installation.

The driver I am attempting to install seems to be the correct one. It is cp018573.exe. I have tried this with drivers for the NIC, as well.

Windows Server 2012 installs no problem with the non-RAID SATA options, but that's not a desirable setup for me.

I've searched and researched to no avail. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi,

I have reviewed the driver you are trying to install. looks like this is just an upgrade or windows driver to be installed when windows is up and running.

please review the following white paper:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=c03478429

ML110 G7 emedded storage controller driver is part of SPP. so you may download latest SPP from https://techlibrary.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/products/service_pack/spp/#/index.aspx?version=gen11.2023.04.00.00

extract the driver files and use iLO virtual media or USB key to provide the driver during installation.

hope this helps,

How to Say thanks.... just click on Star Kudos

Cheers!

Aftab

[Moderator edit: Updated the broken links]

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Kavesa
Occasional Visitor

Just in case you are still with that project, or anyone else gets stuck with this.

I was with the same problem, and reading your post, I got the file name  cp018573.exe and searched it in the latest SPP.

There I got the same file, but with full drivers. Copied them on a usb stick and voila, it worked.

Just one minor problem you may have, after using those drivers, remove the stick before the first boot... just in case.

testnovaglass

must to DL the latest SPP

find the cp018573.exe

and it works!

carlomz

I had exactly the same problem. It turned out that the Windows Server 2012 media disc was bad. I downloaded the ISO again, I prepared a USB and it worked!