ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748180 Members
4125 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installing Windows 2003 Server R2 on SATA Raid 1

Javier Chapa

Installing Windows 2003 Server R2 on SATA Raid 1

My computer came with Factory-Installed Windows 2003 R2. However, I wanted the system configured in a RAID 1 configuration and decided to create an array. I am now unable to load Windows because the hard drives cannot be found after array is created and built. I have tried pressing F6 to add any additional RAID drivers but will not allow me to or prompt me for additional drivers.
4 REPLIES 4
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

You have to start pressing F6 before it prompts you.

Can you describe the whole installation boot process?
Javier Chapa

Figured it out. System is back online and RAID is working.

Thank you.

Javier
bustabigbass

What did you do to resolve the issue? You said you "figured it out", but what was it you did differently? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Javier Chapa

I downloaded the latest drivers for the Embedded Raid and installed them on 3.5" Floppy Disk. I then changed the boot order in the BIOS to boot from CD-ROM and RAID Second Boot Device. As the computer was booting up with Windows Server 2003 I pressed the F6 key repeatedly until it finally prompted me for the drivers. Prior, to loading software I entered the RAID configuration utility and created the Array as RAID 1 and then chose Build instead of Quick Init. I then pressed Ctrl+B to make RAID Array bootable then I followed the steps above.