1753781 Members
7484 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Installing Windows NT Server 4.0 on HP DL360 G1

TL33
Occasional Advisor

Installing Windows NT Server 4.0 on HP DL360 G1

When installing Windows NT Server 4.0, the harddisks are not recognized.
When started with Smartstart 5.50, I'am not able to choose operating system within smartstart. Do I use the wrong smartstart version or is it another smartstart CD that I'm missing?

Any help would be great.

Cheers
TL
4 REPLIES 4
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Re: Installing Windows NT Server 4.0 on HP DL360 G1

SmartStart 5.5 is correct for a G1 server, if you enter the ACU in SmartStart, do you see the integrated SmartArray and the disks?
You can also try to install manually, providing the SmartArray driver on a diskette:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=254886&prodNameId=261261&swEnvOID=24&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-UNITY-I15646

TL33
Occasional Advisor

Hi!

Yes I can see the disk in the ACU.
But what I was looking for was an OS assisted ACU which you find in newer Smartstart versions, and I found out that this is not supported by version 5.50. The problem is that I don't have a diskette to copy the driver to and manually install it during NT 4.0 Server installation.
Got hold of a diskette, problem solved.
pol901pol

Hi there,
Do you still have the disk you used for the DL360 to install NT? I am looking for one. Thanks!!!
Gary Antonio Benavides
Trusted Contributor

In the smart Start CD Homepage there should be an option "Deploy Server" this is in order to install the OS without loading the driver "F6".
If it's not fun, you're not doing it right