4852 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installing Windows Server 2003 on Proliant DL380 G4

Thomas Degenhardt
Occasional Contributor

Installing Windows Server 2003 on Proliant DL380 G4

Hello,
i started a new installation of Windows2003 EE on a Proliant DL380G4 with the Smartstart CD 7.51. I started the installation from the Smartstart-CD. After the Copy-process has finished, the server reboots to the text-based setup of windows and then the follwoing error appears: "The File \$WIN_NT$\$OEM$\cpqcissm.sys could not be loaded. Error code 4 Setup cannot continue" Thats a translation from the german error message, so the english message may not be the same. I tried the installation for two times and the error always appears. Any help would be appreciated.
Kind regards,
Thomas
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

pretent SS CD is not good ..
can you try with F6 and Driver Only ?
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23379.html

David Claypool
Honored Contributor

You also should be able to use the 'Virtual Install Disk' feature by enabling it in the ROM-Based Setup Utility. This will supply the needed storage driver automatically during install without having to supply a floppy and press [F6]. After WS03 installation is complete, apply the ProLiant Support Pack for the high performance drivers.
Thomas Degenhardt
Occasional Contributor

Hello,
thanks for your answers. In the meantime i installed the server only using the OS-CD. There was no need for using another driver. The Controller was detected by teh OS. AFter the install completed, i installed the PSP 7.51 and now its working great. But in my mind this is not the recommended method for installing the server, but it works.
Thanks,
Thomas
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

glad to hear you got it installed. I would guess that the reason for the error is something to do with the language settings. If you are installing a German version of Windows, you should select German in the first screen of SmartStart. Otherwise, I think SmartStart gets a bit "durcheinander" :-) I saw similar errors in previous versions of SmartStart, but it was for the CDROM driver, and the cause was a language mix-up.

Regards,
Stephen