ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1754014 Members
7337 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Installing Windows Server 2016, We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

abier2320
Occasional Contributor

Installing Windows Server 2016, We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

Installing Windows Server 2016, We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

What I can do to fix that.

HP Proliant ML110 G7

1 REPLY 1
Paul_J_K
HPE Pro

Re: Installing Windows Server 2016, We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

Windows 2012 R2 is the maximum supported Windows OS for ML110 G7 server. So Windows 2016 could be difficult.

This being a server equipped with an array controller, you may have to go through the documentation for creating an array using the installed controller or disabling the array controller if you want to use generic SATA AHCI mode.

To create an array, use the HPE ACU or SSA or the embedded ORCA. ACU/SSA can be used by booting from the SmartStart ISO/CD. You may also need to load the correct driver for the B110i controller during the OS install for the controller to detect the array as many Windows OS media does not have this driver inbox.

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo