cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Windows XP on BL10e G2 Blades

Rob lawrence_3
Occasional Contributor

Installing Windows XP on BL10e G2 Blades

I know this is not supported and also know of the Blade PC's, the will not work for us. We are looking at the possibility of installing WXP on BL10e's, does anyone have any info on how to do it? What works? what doesn't work? I know it is possible since HP piloted their "Blade PC's" using BL10e's. Any Information would be helpful....

Thanx,

Rob
3 REPLIES
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Re: Installing Windows XP on BL10e G2 Blades

Hi,

win XP is not supported.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Rob lawrence_3
Occasional Contributor

Prashant,

Obviously you did not read my message. I "Know" XP is not supported, I was just asking if anyone got XP working on the BL10e's. HP themselves used them for the blade pc pilot running XP on them. I am just asking if anyone knows of any tricks to getting XP operational on them...

Asgeir Nilsen
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

I did this some time ago on a BL10e using a USB CD-RW from the diagnistic module, as no scripted install jobs are supported.

If you are considering imaging the server, you need the site licensed version of XP Pro, which does not need activation; see http://www.altiris.com/support/forum/Framesearch.aspx?vpath=/aexkb/public%20articles/5.x/deployment%20solution/kb/hd_8424_2.htm&art=AKB5487&source=Altiris%20Helpdesk&artID=13995&refpara=386674&key=Windows+XP+HAL&fname=Deploying+Windows+XP+images+gives+DLL+error

After finishing the install and getting it on the network, perform a "Remote Client Install" from Altiris Deployment Console to see the computer. After that, you can manage it just like any other blade.