1753416 Members
7596 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installing XP Pro on G6

sdrake48
Regular Advisor

Installing XP Pro on G6

HP offers P410i driver for 64-bit XP but not for 32-bit XP. Anyone have success installing 32-bit XP Pro on 360/370/380 G6 servers (without using P400 and Win2K drivers)?
9 REPLIES 9
Jonathan Solis
Advisor

The drivers for the G6 servers will not work for XP pro, I know some customers like to use this OS as standard; however, this OS is not supported, for the G6 servers, and if you are to have a problem with the server in the future HP will not support any OS questions or troubleshooting involving the OS.
sdrake48
Regular Advisor

Don't need HP's support. Only need a 32-bit version of the P410i driver that HP provides for XP-64bit on the P410i Software Download page.
sysbuilder
Occasional Advisor

I'm looking for 32-bit XP drivers as well. I run Windows Embedded (based on XP kernel) on my appliances and thus far it looks like I won't be migrating to the G6 line. HP, if you're listening please release G6 Smart Array drivers for 32 bit XP.
JMK-HP
Occasional Advisor

The drivers you download from HP.COM typically won't install on XP.

This is unsupported but during development we performed rudimentary testing to see if it worked.

Try this:
- Go to the product's driver download page
- Download the 'Windows 2003 Server 32-bit' version of the drivers you need
- Use a 'Zip' type program to open the downloaded .EXE file and extract the files to a directory. For instance, you could use Winzip or the freeware 7zip (www.7-zip.org)
- There should be a .INF file in the directory you extracted to. During driver installation, select 'HAVE DISK' and point to this .INF file

I will monitor this thread for future responses.
sdrake48
Regular Advisor

I am able to install the 2003 32-bit driver as you detail, but then the server will never boot again (not from a P400 card or from the P410i). At that point I have to start over.
sysbuilder
Occasional Advisor

steve drake 2 -

Check out the response I received (from Adrian Clint) in another thread:

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1374250&admit=109447627+1254146271105+28353475

Those blade drivers are XP drivers and are working for my P212. At the addition drivers stage, there were options for the other G6 HPCISSS devices.
sdrake48
Regular Advisor

Thanks sysbuilder! This looks promising - I'll see if it works for me.
sysbuilder
Occasional Advisor

Update: I've got everything working but video.
sdrake48
Regular Advisor

Thanks. I was able to get the P410i booting with the driver for the ws460c g6. But no luck with the NC375i quad-port nic that HP delivers with the G6. I was able to get optional plug-in nics nc373t, nc382t, and nc360t to work, but would prefer to use NC375i. No issues with the integrated video ATI ES1000.