ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753893 Members
7643 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Installing a Firewire card in a DL380 G3

doug_78

Installing a Firewire card in a DL380 G3

I have installed a Firewire card into my server, 2000 SP3 picks uip the card and installs the driver. All looks ok. It is only when I connect my flipdisk into the card that I get a blue screen, just saying hardware failure. If I plug the device in during bootup, I get a PCI slot power failure. Sounds like a power problem on the slot. The firewire card has a conecter to allow a standard floppy disk power to be connected, not sure if this can be done on this server though.. Question.. has anyone had similar problems and is possible to connect this card internally to a power source as i hope this might resolve the problem. Hope someone has som thoughts...
1 REPLY 1
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Installing a Firewire card in a DL380 G3

Hello Doug,
Did you go into F9 after you installed the Firewire card into the server?? If not then pull out the card and let the server boot up normally. Thereafter power it down and reinstall the card. Upon boot when you're prompted to go to F9 then do so. Make sure the system recoganizes the card first.
Also make sure that the system BIOS is uptodate. In case it's not here is the link:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/19823.html

Please let me know the outcome.

Regards,