1751907 Members
4903 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installing a second RAID Array in ML150 G2 Server

edutech

Installing a second RAID Array in ML150 G2 Server

Hi all,

I've had an opportunity to upgrade my first ML150 G2 Server. THe server has 6 hot-plug SCSI drive bays and 3 drive bays are already used with 3x36GB Hot-Plug SCSI hard drives configured in RAID 5.

I would like to know, if someone can spare the time, the steps involved in installing 2 more ADDITIONAL 72GB SCSI Hard Drives and creating a Mirror RAID array on the same controller?

I know how to physically install the hard drives (they are hot-pluggable) but I don't at this stage know what needs to be configured in terms of the software and how to use the RAID array setup utility without affecting the existing array.

Please help! Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Cookie_2
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Lets see... Do you have ACU(Array Configuration Utility) installed?? If yes then you need to launch the program and the two 72 GB Hdd's should show up as unassigned drives. Then you need to click on the controller and click on Create a new array. Then select the two HDD's and save the configuration.
Then you would see two array's present Array A and Array B. Now just select Array B and click on create logical drive and set the RAID as RAID 1. and save the configuration. Thats it.!!!

Regards,
Claud
Sometimes a Loser Wins!!
edutech

Would that software be installed in Windows Server? If it isn't, would I be able to download it from HP's website? I don't have the server in front of me at the moment unfortuantely.

Thanks for the fast reply! :)
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

well it is a 100 Series

what controller do you have?
this one 4/6 port SATA Adapter?

because if you have that one or any other like
HP SC44Ge Host Bus Adapter
64-Bit/133MHz Single Channel Ultra320 SCSI
HP PL100 SCSI RAID Controller

they don't support Array configuration utility (ACU). ACU is only supported for smart array controllers

do you remember how you configured the RAID 5 (did you configure it?)

you have to put the two new HDDs on the server, press F8 on POST when the controller shows up after that configure your new RAID level (RAID 1)

regards

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
edutech

The installed SCSI RAID controller is a PL100 SCSI RAID controller.

I didn't actually configure the RAID 5 initially.

If you can let me know what the process is for this controller, and whether it supports two separate arrays as i mentioned above, that would be great!

Thanks.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

I have not worked with this controller but
let's try like I told you before pressing F8 when the controller shows up on POST

after that you can go into the controller BIOS and configure the RAID level

I did some research and I did not find to much information about that controller

try that and let us know

regards
edutech

Thanks, I will give that a go. I have also had trouble finding out more info about this controller. If someone can give provide the answers about the arrays supported, however, that would be great! :)
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

sorry you mean you want more info about that controller
if so check this
http://urlao.com/pl100

regards