1752588 Members
4344 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installing any card in the PCI slot leads to blue screen

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Installing any card in the PCI slot leads to blue screen

Every time I insert a card into the PCI slot on my Compaq DL380 it will give me a blue screen. I have tried installing different types of cards with the same results. 100% of the time it fails. The cards I have in the PCI slots on install are fine, but upon adding any additional cards it chokes. I was unable to get the blue screen dump because I set it to reboot the OS on failure. This sends the server into a infinate loop of reboots. My only option was to reinstall the server.
My problem now is that these servers are online and I am scared to put the GIG nics in because I am sure this will happen again.
Any ideas? TIA
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Are you running the system configuration utility again after adding the new hardware?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Yes, I run the system configutration utility once I install the hardware and it detects the new card. Once I remove the card so that I can boot the system back up again, I run the system utility again. Sometimes it will still give me blue screens after the card has been removed too. Is this because I am not using Compaq Cards? I have been trying Intel Gig-nics and Adaptec SCSI cards.