5814 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Installing drivers and software to DL380 G6

kepademus
Occasional Contributor

Installing drivers and software to DL380 G6

Hello,

I installed Server 2012 R2 to this server (DL380 G6). Now I need to install drivers etc. It's been a while when I have installed physical HP server.  Then I used HP Proliant Support Pack and it was easy & fast process.

Now I'm downloading HP Smart Update Manager (v. 710) and I don't know how to use it to update and install drivers to this server. Do I need something else too? 

1 REPLY 1
waaronb
Respected Contributor

Re: Installing drivers and software to DL380 G6

If you haven't used HPSUM before (like you've only used the old Proliant Support Pack setup previously), then it's a little tricky to get used to, but it's not that hard.

You run the setup from the HPSUM directory and then you can add the local machine (or other machines too) to the list to scan and install updates. You have to provide authentication info but if it's just your local system you can tell it to use your current login.

Then it's pretty familiar... it scans the system to see what's there and what needs to be upgraded/installed. You can do it in express mode or pick and choose what to do (which is what I generally do since there's some stuff I don't need installed... tape drivers for example).

Make sure you already have SNMP with WMI installed since that's a requirement for the agents.

Just take your time with it and try to have fun. :)