1753500 Members
3409 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Installing third party drivers under windows 2003 F6 Option Fails

valcon
Occasional Contributor

Installing third party drivers under windows 2003 F6 Option Fails

I have a proliant server ML350 G4 with a Smart Array 641 Controller and i am doing a fresh install of 2003 server. When i press F6 option to specify a third party driver and insert a floppy containing the file from the SP34073.exe file i get this error " The file txtsetup.oem could not be found. Press any key to continue." Any suggestions on how to get around this. I previously tried the install using the smart start cd verson 7.91 and everything seemed good until windows rebooted to complete the install but it goes into a blue screen of death looping reboot. I cant see what the BSOD says cause it flashes too quickly.
6 REPLIES 6
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

Re: Installing third party drivers under windows 2003 F6 Option Fails

HI,

Did you extracted the sp34073.exe into the floppy? you need to run the *.exe in your desktop and extract it to the floppy, also to get the blue screen error use the pause button

Regards,
valcon
Occasional Contributor

I right clicked on the file and selected extract to A:. I did that and extracted to the desktop and copied the files over to a:. Could it be that the I am using an Actual Retail box version of w2k3 and not the HP version?
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

Hi,

what do you mean with retail box?

and have you tried witout presing F6? this OS normally has drivers for SA in the installation Disk

regards
valcon
Occasional Contributor

retail box meaning i purchased the software seperately. It didnt come with the server.

If i dont press f6 it doesnt load the driver for the smart array 641 controller and i cant continue cause it says it cant find any storage drives.

Note: I had this system working fine with windows 2000 server and then i wanted to upgrade to w2k3 so i did a fresh install and now im stuck.
valcon
Occasional Contributor

i cant pause the bsod screen its too fast and i dont the pause key works.
valcon
Occasional Contributor

i used a older version of smart start and wala it worked So there is a bad driver for the 641 controler on the 7.91 cd. I used SS CD Version 7.60 that worked.