New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installing ubuntu 20.04 on HP Proliant DL380 Gen10

SOLVED
Go to solution
Salima3
Occasional Visitor

Installing ubuntu 20.04 on HPE Proliant DL380 Gen10

Hi every body,

I try to install ubuntu 20.04 on HP Proliant DL380 Gen10 from an USB key.

The usb key is not detected, i tried to boot with legacy boot option, but it does not detect it.

With intelligent provionning, the iso file on the usb key is not recognized (i tried also a remote installation with ILO5 , the problem is the same).

Any help please?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

• Check if the USB key is working and is bootable on another system.
  • If it is working, then check if the USB ports are enabled. Refer to section "Setting USB Control" of the "UEFI System Utilities User Guide for HPE ProLiant Gen10, Proliant Gen10 Plus Servers and HPE Synergy".
  • If the USB ports are enabled, check if the ports work otherwise by connecting USB keyboard or mouse.
  • If the ports work then check if the "USB Boot Support" on the server is enabled.
  • If the issue persists, you may need to contact HPE Support to further isolate the issue.

Regards,

[Moderator edit: Updated the broken links. ]

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

KevinSpringPM
HPE Pro

I normally load Ubuntu via the iso directly as iLO virtual media, no issues with 20.04. Run the latest SPP to update the server and reset the server bios to defaults before running it.

I'm an HPE Product Manager

Accept or Kudo

Salima3
Occasional Visitor

Hello TVVJ,  KevinSpringPM

Thanks for your responses. I had disabled intellignet provisionning and it works fine.

KevinSpringPM
HPE Pro
Solution

Awesome glad you got it working. For others who find this thread later, Intelligent Provisioning does not support Ubuntu.

Supported OS include Windows Server (ISO only, not USB or network), esxi (HPE custom image), SLES, RHEL, and ClearOS.

I'm an HPE Product Manager

Accept or Kudo

benoitc42
Frequent Visitor

when HPE will at least provide a true support of linux? why not opensourcing ams and sas disk uitility? that would makes things a lot easier to have them in official repositories.
Zath
Occasional Visitor

It isn't like Ubuntu doesn't certify HPE hardware for there software

https://ubuntu.com/certified/202106-29238