108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installing xp on a proliant ml350 G3 server

SOLVED
Go to solution
duke10
Occasional Contributor

Installing xp on a proliant ml350 G3 server

Ok, i am trying to install windows xp on my ml 350 server but when i try to install i get a message that there is no hard drives to install on so then i figured that i must find the driver for my storage controller and then do the f6 method but i cannot find the correct drivers for my ml350 server someone please help me i am desperate need of advice if someone could post a url that would be great.

plus i already installed windows xp on a ml350 G2 server but power supply went bad.
7 REPLIES 7
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

First off I have to say the obvious, XP is not a supported OS on an ML350. That being said it depends on what model you have and what storage controller is in the system.

According to the specs, either of these controllers could be in the system.

Storage Controller
Integrated Dual Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI Adapter
├В 
Smart Array 641 Controller (Standard in Array Models with 2.8 GHz or greater processors only)

If your system has the Smart Array controller there is not a driver for XP, but you can try using the Windows 2000 driver.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
duke10
Occasional Contributor

yes i have the smart array 641 but what is the exact driver for windows 2000 i need to try would be great is you could send me a link.
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

duke10
Occasional Contributor

unfortunately it wouldn't work when i installed the diskette then i pressed continue it seemed like it loaded then it continued installing windows until it got to the starting windows then it just stopped or stalled i really need help
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi,

normaly you could install linux with xen support if the xen support your cpu and create virtual host, and inside the virtual host you could install what you want.

mikap
duke10
Occasional Contributor

could you tell where i could get linux and how to install it