5583 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Intalling bl 20p g2 using ILO

Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Intalling bl 20p g2 using ILO

Hi,

I am installing new bl 20p g2 with win 2k as. I want to use ILO instead for RDP. Which port is used for ilo connectivity i am not sure seems to be from back of encloser it should be left one. then i tried to open the ilo interface as it is inbuilt in bl 20p g2. by default dhcp is enabled. So i cannot acess the server using the ilo. Try to recolve the ip adress for same failed any way to confirm the same. Which port is for ilo and hpw to install when dhcp is enabled.

thanx for your help.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
8 REPLIES 8
Roy Main
Valued Contributor

Re: Intalling bl 20p g2 using ILO

Prashant,

All this information is in the iLO Users Guide and the Blade Users Guide. These are on the hp web site.

The iLO routes through the left side of the hub/switch if you are in the back of the rack.

If you connect to the front iLO port - it is hard wired to 192.168.1.1.

I'm assuming you are wanting to install Win2000 from virtual CD? I think there is an issue with this - you need Win2000 with Service Pack 3 installed on the CD.

I don't remember the exact details of this but if you read the Supported OS's for the blades it is mentioned there.
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Ilo for is at back left hand side i come to know about it still if dhcp is enabled on ilo i have mac adress can i asses it. any way to resolve the same dns name for ilo to get ip address.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Roy Main
Valued Contributor

If you need to know the iLO's ip address - connect to the serial port on the back of the Blade Management Module.

You can use Hyperterminal (or some other terminal software) to connect.

Settings are N-8-1, flow control should be xon/xoff.

There is a screen that will show the ip address for the iLOs on all the blades.
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I dont have it.
I got same infomration from mannual.
Let say this is not an blade server any other proliant with ilo then how can we do that. got somew idea from my frind it say something about arp command to be used.
Still wroking on same

Thanx for posting back.

Regards
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Roy Main
Valued Contributor

You don't have a null modem cable? There should be one that came with your blade chassis.

Again, if you connect to the front iLO port of the blade, the iLO ip address is 192.168.1.1.

Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

tried same id failed.

Regards,
Prasahnt S.
Nothing is impossible
Rahul Sharma
Frequent Advisor

Hi Prashant

In our data center we almost all around 500 compaq boxes and all of them have ILO. but none of them is dhcp enabled.On all the server we have configured static ip's to both rib and also the server. once that is set there should not be problem with any kind of installation.
Thank s
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi Rahul

You are correct about it but when you buy a server it is by default dhcp enabled, and since it can be remotely managed. how we can go for it.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible