4989 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Integrated Management Log Viewer status Failed in System Management Homepage

Jonathan Corea

Integrated Management Log Viewer status Failed in System Management Homepage

ProLiant ML350 G4
W2K SP4

I'm in the process of trying to correct any degraded, failed or unknown statuses in my System Management Homepage.

I had an older version of the Integrated Management Log Viewer installed, and it was giving me a failed status in System Management Homepage. Going into it brought up a blank page. I found out by running the Viewer standalone that the version I had installed was incompatible with the Remote Monitor Service, but when I tried updating it using Version Control Agent, even though it gave me an installed status of 1, it still showed the old version installed.

I checked in Add/Remove Programs and there were 2 instances of the Integrated Management Log Viewer listed. I uninstalled both of them, and then used VCA to install the latest version.

Now, VCA shows the correct version installed, and when I run the standalone Log Viewer it comes up fine - but I still have a failed status in System Management Homepage.

I've yet to do a reboot since I uninstalled/reinstalled but I was hoping there was a way to avoid it. Any ideas?
1 REPLY 1
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Re: Integrated Management Log Viewer status Failed in System Management Homepage

I am not sure what your configuration ist...

The easiest thing to do is to make a fresh installation of Proliant Support Pack:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=397642&prodNameId=3279707&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-22527e670418447bb79060e720 - this is the link to PSP for windows 2003.

If you have windows, you also need to check the SNMP Service settings - make the "private" rights to write/create and the "public" rights to "read only" or "read/write".