1753362 Members
5133 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Integrated SA controller Post Error

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Integrated SA controller Post Error

Have been receiving 1785 errors on the integrated sa controller after installing 4200 sa controller. I've updated the firmware on the integrated controller to version 1.34, which should have fixed problem. It did not fix problem. I also went through system config after applying Rompaq. Any ideas?
Derry
8 REPLIES 8
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Remove the Integrated Smart Array Controller .
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

How do you remove the Integrated Array Controller?!?!?!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I was wondering that too! Another person in my group had placed the same call and was told to remove a chip near the pci slots, but they were unsuccessful in locating the chip.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Disable the Integrated SA Controller within the System Configuration (F10). You cannot remove. I just installed my 8500 this morning with the same problem. Disabling through System Config corrected the problem.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

This is in response to my prior message. The disabling did work until I upgraded to the latest Rompaqs from the 4.90 CD to correct another problem with NIC showing failure even though the card worked.

I will try to use the firmware now.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

See CUSTOMER ADVISORY: EH000628_CW01 REVISION: 1

It looks like Compaq's position is to not correct this error at this time. At least machine does not stop on the error and CIM does not report it either.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Here are detailed instruction on how to disable the integrated controller. http://www5.compaq.com/support/techpubs/installation_guides/120258-001.html

Have you reported this issue to Compaq Techsupport? I work with these products daily, performing tests against these very same products and have never seen this issue. I am sure Compaq would really like to know about this. If you haven't called it in please do so.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

With respect to my previous post, I do have to add. I normaly test with a device attached to the integrated controller. This would probably explain why I never see this issue.