HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrated SATA RAID Controller Management for HP DL 320 G4 in Linux environment

Jordan Leong
Occasional Advisor

Integrated SATA RAID Controller Management for HP DL 320 G4 in Linux environment

I have install the Reahat Linux Enterprise 3 on the HP DL320 G4 server. I would like to check the RAID 1 disk status online.

However, when i use hpacucli command to check and it stated that no RAID controller found.

So, i would like to know if there were any other way could manage the integrated SATA RAID controller of that server.

Thanks for any suggestion.
2 REPLIES
Vernny
Advisor

Re: Integrated SATA RAID Controller Management for HP DL 320 G4 in Linux environment

Hello Jordan, I hope you're doing well.

Please try checking the following:

- Verify that SATA cable is properly attach in System Board, reseat it if is possible.

- Rom Based Setup Utility (RBSU) detects the Embedded Card? If not, verify connections.

- If these two are OK, then go ahead and try to flash firmware offline if possible, or online from hp.com.

- If still not detecting showing any info when running hpacucli, try other cables.

Can you let me know if this has been working before?
First time setting it up?
Is there another raid controller being used?
Hard drives are working properly? hot plug or non hot plug?

Regards,
Vernny D.
Jordan Leong
Occasional Advisor

Re: Integrated SATA RAID Controller Management for HP DL 320 G4 in Linux environment

Hi Venny,

Thanks for your update.

I would like to answer your question.

- Verify that SATA cable is properly attach in System Board, reseat it if is possible.

Ans. the SATA cable have been attache to the System Board properly.

- Rom Based Setup Utility (RBSU) detects the Embedded Card? If not, verify connections.

Ans. When i reboot the server, i could run into the integrated SATA RAID controller BIOS to check the current status of the RAID 1 disk.

- If these two are OK, then go ahead and try to flash firmware offline if possible, or online from hp.com.

Ans. I woulld like to clarify that it were required or not.It seem that the ACU tools could not detected the integrated SATA controller of HP DL 320 G4 server. I have check the forum before and other people also encounter the same problem. It seem the SATA controller is not in the HP SmartArray family.

- If still not detecting showing any info when running hpacucli, try other cables.

Ans. i got no other cable for this test.

Can you let me know if this has been working before?
Ans. Not sure. Because it were the first time i run the hpacucli to check the RAID disk status online.

First time setting it up?
Ans. No

Is there another raid controller being used?
Ans. No

Hard drives are working properly? hot plug or non hot plug?
Ans. Hard drive work properly and both of them are hot plug drive.

That's all. Thanks and look for your further suggestion on this case.

B.rgds,
Jordan