1752786 Members
5997 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Integrated SATA Raid on ML310G5

Dave Wooder
Occasional Advisor

Integrated SATA Raid on ML310G5

Just received a new ML310G5 with a couple of SATA Drives im trying to create as a mirrored pair. When i enable RAID in the bios i can configure my mirror and see it come up in POST but smartstart says ive got no bootable volumes and stops.
If i disable RAID i can run smartstart but see the drives as 2 separate ones and cant set them as a mirror. Software mirroring in windows is a no-go for me.

Been reading that there are some restrictions with SATA drives on the integrated controller on the ML310's eg the LED's dont work but as far as i can see it should support RAID 0,1?

I can see 2 controllers in bios but have tried setting both as the 1st boot to no avail

Any thoughts anyone?

Rgds
Dave
3 REPLIES 3
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

smartstart don't support the onboard SATA controller.
You can make a mirror with F8 when the controller is initialized and then to manually install the OS, giving the RAID driver with F6.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3580655&prodNameId=3580656&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-0dbf82cb9fd24c929b6bdb4da7&mode=3

Pac
YAQUB_1
Respected Contributor

After RAID 1+0 configure U check the view status, because it successfully configured.

And follow "PAC" process.

Thanks--Yaqub
HP Support!!!
Dave Wooder
Occasional Advisor

Only just got back to this, have downloaded the drivers and all up and running now.
Thanks for your help, nice of them not to include in smartstart!

rgds
Dave