1753781 Members
7622 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Integrated SCSI 2 controller

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Integrated SCSI 2 controller

If I run the assisted Smart Start install, it gets pretty far but eventually boots to a blue screen of death some time into the NT install. If I run the manual install, when I get to the part to specify mass storage, the only option I am allowed to install from the support disks is the 32-bit SCSI 2 controller for NT (which is what I think I should use). None of the other options will install at all. The documentation from the server however (if I'm reading it correctly) says that I need to install the 'Compaq Integrated Smart Array Controller' which is not even an option. The 32-bit driver APPEARS to install but when I go to the next screen it tells me no hard drives have been installed and installation will not continue. I have played with this in as many ways as I can think of but I obviously need the assistance of someone who performs installs on these servers regularly. Help!! Jen
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

What specific blue screen do you get?

If you want to do a manual install - follow these guidelines:

In order to install NT on a system with a current Compaq Array controller, you need to create the 3 NT install disks from the NT CD. Use the "WINNT /OX" command to do this. Then, when the Smartstart manual install is done, boot from those disks - without the NT CD in the drive until asked. Choose "custom" for the install mode (F6 key) and skip detection on mass storage. Specify an unlisted controller and use the Compaq NT 4.0 SSD for the drivers (in this case, the "Integrated Array" driver). Then specify a secondary controller and use the NT "IDE/Atapi" driver. You can also use the SSD for the NIC drivers (also likely to be out of date in NT).
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

This seemed to work, thanks!!