108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Integrated raid controller + raid5 controller

SOLVED
Go to solution
Damir_4

Integrated raid controller + raid5 controller

Hi!

Is it possible to use integrated ata100 raid controller(2 disks) AND additional smart array controller(3 scsi disks)?
6 REPLIES 6
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

You really need to follow quick specification for ATA models, some ATA Models, won't support SCSI Cards, or you might not be able to set as first bootable, some are Upgradeable with SCSI kit
What your Server model? You not trying to make one RAID from 2 ATA and 3 SCSI ?
Damir_4

Sorry, i didn't give enough information.It's HP Proliant ML 330 G3.It has 3 SCSI RAID5 disks on Smart array and someone told me I can't put in IDE disks(integrated ata100 raid controller) at the same time.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

You can try, most likely you won't be able to configure as bootable, however some third party IDE controller will allow you to use IDE HDD. If your server already SCSI based, install another 4th or 5th Generation Array controller and use with SCSI drives.
Ryan_215
Occasional Advisor
Solution

You are correct the ML330G3 has an Integrated ATA controller that supports Raid 0,1. ML330G3 also suppors Scsi Controllers and Smart Arrays. You should't Encounter any problems by Using Both at the same time. The Bios Sees both controller and is able to choose which one you want as the First Boot Controller.

Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

My bad, Ryan you are right, made quick assumption G3 would have same features as G2. In G3 yes there is ATA controller, Damir let us know if you got luck with onboard ATA controller for RAID settings if SCSI additionally installed.
Damir_4

I just enabled Integrated ATA controller(I don't need raid) in Bios and its all working great!

Thanks