ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752795 Members
5638 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Intel X520-DA2 doesn’t fit DL360e G8?

matt_wave
Collector

Intel X520-DA2 doesn’t fit DL360e G8?

Just bought a pair of DL360e G8s and X520-DA2s to go with but I can’t get them to fit in the x8 slot. The standard bracket is obviously too long and the low profile bracket makes it so the SFP+ ports don’t quite line up with the opening of the riser card/chassis. Anyone run into this before or know where I can find a bracket that fits?
4 REPLIES 4
NareshISS
HPE Pro

Hello Team,

server is not desined for the NON HPE hardware you need to buy the HPE SFP module which is compatible. 

Regards,

Naresh Sharma HPE employee.

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo

matt_wave
Collector

So that'd be the HP 560SFP+ (665249-B21)?
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@matt_wave wrote:
Just bought a pair of DL360e G8s and X520-DA2s to go with but I can’t get them to fit in the x8 slot. The standard bracket is obviously too long and the low profile bracket makes it so the SFP+ ports don’t quite line up with the opening of the riser card/chassis. Anyone run into this before or know where I can find a bracket that fits?

So the images I see of this card online, it appears to be astandard PCIe card, no reason it shouldn't line up in the slot

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
matt_wave
Collector

I guess I should clarify that I'm trying to fit it in the low-profile slot as there's already a RAID controller in the larger slot, which I don't have a low-profile bracket for. So the problem is that the low-profile X520-DA2 bracket doesn't allow the SFP+ ports to line up with the opening on the chassis of the DL360e G8 riser card.