ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751876 Members
5322 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Intelligent Provisioning 1.60 breaks 2008 R2 install (will not accept product key during setup)

jensviggo
Occasional Visitor

Re: Intelligent Provisioning 1.60 breaks 2008 R2 install (will not accept product key during setup)

I still happen although the link for download was supplied by HP support.
kratochviljan

Suggested action: Use the Manual installation method for Windows 2008 R2 if you encounter
this error. Not all Volume License media present this problem

Manual Installation metod can be done with local disc media only.

So, when I have ISO files on network share Windows 2008 R2 can not be installed with HP Intelligent Provisioning 1.60.

Great, it is really Intelligent.

:-(

http://f5.s.qip.ru/FK151xiG.png

(downgrading to 1.5 and crossing fingers...)

dcolpitts
Frequent Advisor

Uh - no... Whoever the software developers and project managers were are the ones that are real intelligent....

It appears there was a total lack of QA on this release.

rgaustad
Occasional Visitor

I agree. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Cause then you break it!

ccoho
Advisor

Hmm, this method worked for me a few months back.  But I'm setting up a new server now and its not.  When I boot off the IP 1.5 DVD (same one i used last time), I never get the choices of Automatic vs Interactive setup, it just runs a system check and then tells me to remove the disk and hit enter.

Any ideas?

ccoho
Advisor

One of two things worked, i installed the iso to a usb key, and also disconnected the ilo from the network (when i was expecting the auto vs interactive prompt it was "communicating with ilo") and this time it downgraded properly.

Crazy that we have to jump through these hoops to install an OS on a server...

INS
Occasional Advisor

Same problem here.  Trying to install Server 2008 R2 Standard from USB and network.  Tried manual install and will only allow for optical drive install.   Hilarious considering the bloody server doesn't ship with an optical drive standard.

HP - It's obvious to anyone in the IT community that HP is nickel-and-diming everything these days.  Cheesey e-series servers taking over (please - software RAID?), 1 year warranties, requirement for extended warranty purchase for firmware updates.  If HP is going to squeeze us, at least be COMPETENT in delivering a server where BASE functionality (like installing a prevalent server OS) WORKS without jumping through hoops.

No wonder Lenovo is handing you your rear end.

INS
Occasional Advisor

Workaround

This worked for me:

1. Download and extract RAID and NIC drivers on USB flash.

2. Create bootable USB of Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 on separate USB flash.

3.   Install OS without I.P. 

4.  Update NIC and RAID drivers once OS installed.

5.  Download and install Proliant Service Pack 2014.02B.

IMPIZA
Occasional Contributor

Today i have fix this issue !

Preview of issue 

Preview of issue

On of our customer have purchased HP ProLiant ML 310e Gen8 v2 4LFF CTO Server, they want to install Windows Server 2008 r2 x64 in it  , but when they try to install it using Intelligent Provisioning it fail after copying , so he call me up for technical support , Server is shipped with IP 1.60 by default , i googled to find issues like this then i have find this page ,in which some of the viewers recommend to downgrade IP 1.60 to earlier versions , 

so i have download IP version 1.50 then burn it to a DVD and boot up and flash IP , 

after downgrade IP to 1.50 the issue has fixed 

for all other versions of IP please visit this link  Intelligent Provisioning all Versions Download link

For IP version 1.50 go to this url given below .

HPIP150.2013_0806.231.iso (883 MB):

https://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.prp_bd9b6997fbc7fc515f4cf4626f5c8d01=wsrp-navigationalState%3Didx%3D%7CswItem%3DMTX_ee713c2ad3694a0c83094f6847%7CitemLocale%3D%7Cmode%3D%7Caction%3DdriverDocument&javax.portlet.tpst=bd9b6997fbc7fc515f4cf46...

Giancarlo Zicchieri
Established Member

Re: Workaround

Hi

I solved the issue modifying with notepad the file c:\autounattend.xml

When it appears the command prompt digit notepad c:\autounattend.xml

You have to search the string <ProductKey> and below this insert a new line that contains the string

<Key></Key>

You don't have to insert a code, only the tags.

Save the file and relaunch manually the command X:\Windows\Hpssbem.exe again

The installation will end fine.