ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748179 Members
4040 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Intelligent Provisioning 2.10.83 doesn't install ANY of the HP specific software

BOYAN BIANDOV
Regular Advisor

Intelligent Provisioning 2.10.83 doesn't install ANY of the HP specific software

So I upgraded a 380 gen9 to the latest and greatest IP. Then installed an OS.

I was surprised to find out that Intelligent Provisioning 2.10.83 doesn't install ANY of the HP specific software such as Array Manager or HP Management Web Site

It does install HP specific drivers but I can't even manage the array controller without having to go back; look up files; download; install; etc

What is the point of IP?

When did this change occur? Older IP installed all of that?

Obvisouly I did a vanila IP install; accepted all defauts; NO custom choices that might account for why non of the HP programs are installed with the OS.

We have many gen8 servers deployed using IP and every time IP installs ton of HP software for management; integrated event viewier; array management; management agents software; event notifier and so forth???

Thanks everyone!

3 REPLIES 3
BOYAN BIANDOV
Regular Advisor

Re: Intelligent Provisioning 2.10.83 doesn't install ANY of the HP specific software

During IP assisted OS install there are clearly HP drivers installed which is evidenced by a command prompt batch file which pops up during the OS phase of the install and that pop up is all about HP software. However those appear to be basic drivers and NONE on the typical HP programs installed such as HP management site for the server, etc

proliant-crapout32.png

Aditya1
Regular Visitor

Re: Intelligent Provisioning 2.10.83 doesn't install ANY of the HP specific software

Boyan Biandov  

I have sent you a private message on the topic. Can you please check your private message inbox.

Thanks

Aditya Kaul

BOYAN BIANDOV
Regular Advisor

Thanks Aditya Kaul

I ended up downloading and installing the HP software pack sepaartrely and OUTSIDE of IP.

I also opened a case with HP and after ton of conflicting answers and me pushing for escalation of the outsourced vendor contracted to provide support finally I was told that IP does NOT install any of the specific HP drivers and one must do that oneself. Well I kind of figure that but I am confident that this answer is credible...

Boyan